Now everyone is living in the age where convenience is king and the automotive amenity which is gaining quite a popularity nowadays is a keyless ignition system. This feature helps to fire up the engine of a car without using a key. You can learn more about the latest developments in vehicles and spare parts availability in engine info at 247Spares. Below mentioned are few important facts one should know about keyless ignition system if you have plans to buy a vehicle which got that feature.
Things to know
- This system consists of a fob which you could keep in your purse, briefcase or even in the pocket but it should be in a close proximity to a receiver that is there inside the vehicle. This fob transmits a low-frequency unique signal to the computer system of the car which it validates and then allows the driver to push the button on console or dashboard to start the car’s engine. In order to turn the car off, you just need to press the start/stop button.
- The keyless ignition system consists of safeguards which makes sure that vehicle does not spring into life at the wrong
- It helps in deterring the vehicle theft or break-ins as the computer of the car will recognize only its own fob’s signals. There’s no key which could be copied and there’s no steering column which could be forced open.
- If any time the battery of fob goes dead, most of the car owners have given a solution of unlocking remotely through over-the-air emergency service offered by the manufacturer. Or else the company representatives would send signals to unlock the doors and then activate the starting
- Before you turn off the engine, you should ensure that the vehicle is in “park’ mode. Better to go through the manual thoroughly to learn about operating the vehicle properly.